Wednesday, January 03, 2007

First digital attempt


For Christmas my husband gave me a "Wacom tablet". It was not as easy to use as I had imagined! Also, I am still struggling to learn the mechanics of using Photoshop to "paint". I also have Corel 2 (the free version) but, alas, it comes without directions and I can't begin to figure out how to use it!! anyway, here is my first attempt at "painting" digitally. I scanned in a drawing of a poinsettia and then went to work on it. I mostly used paintbrushes and the "smudge" tool. Its a good baseline to measure my progress! I want to have it look more like a watercolor painting -- will continue to learn!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is interesting - I'm not sure I see how it works. keep up the god work, I'll be inteested in following your progress.

4:42 PM  
Blogger Shelly McC said...

hey there Penny! I,m so excited for you re: the tablet. I love using mine to paint. Try Artrage, Its very user friendly and you can downlaod a free version. cant wait to see more digital art from you. Great work!

12:46 AM  
Blogger Lin said...

BEAUTIFULLY done!!! I don't know a thing about tablets -- but your success using it is admirable! LOVE the bracts/leaves of the poinsettia!

8:32 AM  
Blogger mrana said...

Hi Penny,I've had my wacom (several!) for years now and can't live without it. You'll find it easy once you get the hang of it. I think you've done extremely well with this piece so definitely keep at it!

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home