Sunday, March 11, 2007

Mundane subjects


I went to an art exhibit this week-end where the artist, Luzhen Qiu, had an installation of a million fish eyes. It was amazing to see how such a "non-artistic" subject could be so fascinating. The artist talked about how it was about the fun of creating the installation and the design -- it was not about the necessary talent (though she had plenty of that too!) of drawing fish eyes. So, I turned my drawing skill to my favorite candy today! It was fun both to draw and then to eat the left-overs!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and tasty. Even blue ones - aren't they the newest color? Your little "m" is perfect. Did you mask it and if so with what?

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PENNY!!! THESE ARE TRULY BEAUTIFULLY BEAUTFULLY DONE!! I LOVE THEM ON THE TEXTURED PAPER!!! THE M'S ARE FANTASTIC TOO!! YOU'RE GETTING SO DARN GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6:21 PM  
Blogger laserone_ said...

Oh this is so neat! I love the colors. I like drawing "mundane" things, it's fun. :)

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home